Departing Kohuturoa Marae at 9am.
The tour will conclude with a presentation & Hakari at 1pm.
The Lake Trustees invite beneficial owners, Muaūpoko and whānau to jump
on a bus for a road trip with us to visit the various Lake restoration projects currently
Come and see first hand what we are doing to kick start the process to bring
the Lake back to full health. We will provide an overview presentation and conclude with
lunch at the marae.
For bus numbers and catering please RSVP:
Karen on (021) 0893 9758 or email@example.com
Matt Sword, Chair – Lake Horowhenua Trust
• 8:30am cuppa tea
• 9am bus departs
• Legacy Sediment Project (see core samples taken from the bed of the Lake showing ancient
and recent history from Lake creation over 8,000 years ago to human occupation)
• Lake Horowhenua Glass Eel Repatriation Facility (our very own aquaculture facility where
we are growing thousands of eel to give the Lake fishery a boost).
• Lake Horowhenua Native Plants Nursery
• Hokio Stream Fish Pass
• Arawhata Wetland / Sediment Trap
• Lake Horowhenua Takiwa data tool (Geographic Information System)
• Cultural Monitoring Programme
• Bus returns 11:30am
• Presentation Lake Report Card, up coming projects, Waitangi Tribunal Report
• 1pm Hakari